Schedule an appointment now
Start the road to recovery.
Manual Therapy in Ellijay, GA
At your first appointment, your Physical Therapist will perform a thorough evaluation and develop a personalized rehabilitation treatment program with you that may include Manual Therapy.
What Is Manual Therapy?
Manual therapy refers to the “hands-on” treatment of under performing muscles, tendons, ligaments, and joints. Encompassing a broad group of techniques performed by trained physical therapists, manual therapy treatments may include moving the joints in specific directions to regain movement (joint mobilizations), muscle stretching, passive movements and movements designed to improve muscle activation. Specific soft tissue techniques are also used to improve the mobility and functioning of tissues, nerves, and muscles.
Benefits of Joint Mobilization
Orthopedic manual physical therapists treat acute and chronic pain conditions affecting all areas of the body. When injury causes soft-tissue and joint restrictions that produce pain during movement, manual therapy can improve mobility, reduce pain, and restore normal functioning of the soft-tissues and joints.
Common Diagnoses May Include:
- Neck pain (muscle spasm, disc problems, etc.)
- Lower back pain (disc problems, facet joint restriction, spinal stenosis, etc.)
- Thoracic spine pain (disc problems, rib restriction, etc.)
- Temporal mandibular joint (TMJ) dysfunction
- Shoulder pain (impingement syndrome, frozen shoulder, rotator cuff injury, etc.)
- Hip pain (hip bursitis, total hip replacement, myofascial hip pain, hip impingement, etc.)
- Knee pain (iliotibial band syndrome, patellofemoral dysfunction, total knee replacement, etc.)
- Ankle pain (ankle sprains/strains, arthritis, tendinitis, etc.)
Manual Therapy Techniques:
- Joint mobilization
- Passive range of motion
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Myofascial release
- Trigger point release
- Maitland Technique
- Myofascial Release
- Therapeutic Massage Therapy
- Manual Cervical and Lumbar Traction
What Is the First Step?
Start By Scheduling an Evaluation Appointment.
Don't Wait - Get Started Right Now!
Clinical research shows that the sooner you get started with active rehabilitation, the less likely you will need unnecessary tests, medications, or surgery.
Call Us Today at (706) 698-3000
At your evaluation appointment, you will meet with a physical therapist who will perform a thorough evaluation that includes:
- A review of your health history and your specific symptoms.
- A thorough examination that includes assessing the quality and quantity of your movements, and any factors that might put you at risk for delayed recovery or might indicate a serious health problem.
- Assessment of how you use your body at work, at home, during sports, and at leisure.
- Determination of the diagnosis and impairments that are causing your pain and establishment of a treatment plan of care.
What Our Clients Say
I want to say Thank you to the therapist and those that assist In sessions they all were very friendly and supportive and gave you encouragement to accomplish your goal. The best, the whole Team from office to Therapists to assistances. Top notch would recommend to all that need Physical Therapy!!!
I want to say Thank you to the therapist and those that assist In sessions they all were very friendly and supportive and gave you encouragement to accomplish your goal.
The best, the whole Team from office to Therapists to assistances. Top notch would recommend to all that need Physical Therapy!!!